The mission of the Clinical Exercise Research Center is to promote health and rehabilitation using exercise as a stimulus to elucidate the mechanisms and define adjunctive therapy by which people will optimally adapt, heal and overcome debilitating disease or injury.
- Hormones and the influence on body composition, muscle strength, metabolism and rehabilitation
- Resistance training studies to improve strength and physical function in at-risk populations, including cancer patients
- Studies using skeletal muscle biopsy tissue to understand myogenic regulators
- Human skeletal muscle cell culture experiment
- Determining physiological limits, fatigue and overtraining elite athletes
AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill in Acute Rehabilitation of Total Knee Replacement