Sponsored by the Department of Medical Education and the Office of Continuing Medical Education, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
The Department of Medical Education at the University of Southern California presents our 16th annual Innovations in Medical Education (IME) Conference on Friday and Saturday, February 22 and 23, 2019. The IME Conference joins together a growing community of educators, leaders, scholars, and learners working together to promote change through innovation in health professions education. Our goal is to move education in the health professions toward a higher level of excellence and wellbeing by providing a forum for sharing innovative ideas and educational innovations.
We have prepared an exciting and stimulating program with an outstanding plenary speaker, Dr. Peter Katsufrakis, President and CEO of the National Board of Medical Examiners, and interactive conference workshops chosen to enhance participant skills related to teaching, leadership, educational scholarship, professional development, and promotion of wellbeing. Multiple oral presentations and poster sessions provide many opportunities for networking and collaboration in a friendly atmosphere. Download a registration flyer to post and share.
IME 2019 Keynote Address
Looking Forward: An Educator’s Guide to Assessment
Peter J. Katsufrakis, MD, MBA
President and CEO, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Discuss, assess, and report on educational innovations and discoveries in the health professions
- Present a “cool idea” to seek collaboration on the project, or for audience feedback on the concept and methodology
- Earn a conference certificate by completing a series of interactive MedEd workshops focused on educational principles and essential teaching skills
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and outline the use of milestones along with increased measuring and reporting of outcomes in relation to milestones in roles as teacher, leader, scholar, and mentor.
- Identify techniques and methodologies for the enhancement of well-being and the learning environment for learners.
- Outline and assess the six ACGME Core Competencies.
The Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP CREDIT DESIGNATION: The Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
2-DAY INNOVATIONS IN MEDICAL EDUCATION CONFERENCE CREDIT DESIGNATION: The Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.