Sponsored by the Department of Medical Education and the Office of Continuing Medical Education, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
The Department of Medical Education at the University of Southern California invites you to participate in our 18th annual Innovations in Medical Education (IME) Online Conference on Thursday and Friday, February 18-19, 2021. This conference will be a 100% online event. This decision was made not only in response to the concerns and uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus, but also to eliminate travel expenses and accommodate any travel restrictions. Join us online from anywhere in the world!
The IME Conference joins together a growing community of learners, teachers, scholars, and leaders working together to promote change through innovation in health professions education. Our goal is to move education in the health professions toward a higher level of excellence and wellbeing by providing a forum for sharing innovative ideas and educational innovations.
We will provide many innovative online networking opportunities. Formal sessions will include a keynote address, workshops, curricular exemplars, and a variety of synchronous and asynchronous poster presentations. Everything will be happening in new digital environments.
Conference Highlights for Participants
- Discuss, assess, and report on educational innovations and research in health professions education.
- Present a Cool Idea or Innovation (for example, share an inventive change you have made on the fly in response to the crises of 2020).
- Earn a conference certificate by completing a series of interactive MedEd workshops focused on educational principles and essential teaching skills.
- Network with colleagues around the world.
- Provide a forum for sharing innovative ideas and educational innovations related to teaching and learning, leading, mentoring, and wellbeing within health professions education.
- Build and enhance participant skills related to teaching, leadership, professional development, promotion of wellbeing, and educational scholarship.
- Build a network of health professions educators interested in promoting educational excellence and wellbeing in academic medicine and health professions education.