I am interested in physical activities that promote health and functional fitness in older adults. Currently, I am examining the effects of golf training on balance, muscular strength & endurance, and metabolic regulation in healthy older adults and patients with pre-diabetes. This research will provide information on the effectiveness of recreational activities as a part of exercise programming for healthy aging.
Office Phone: (323) 442-2948
- University of Southern California, MS Biokinesiology, 2019
- Trevecca Nazarene University, BS Biology, 2014
- Du Bois, A. M., Marcione, N. A., Castle, S.C., Moore, J.L., & Salem, G.J. (2019). The Golf Intervention for Veterans Exercise (GIVE) Study: Golf training program and study design – A methodological approach. International Journal of Golf Science, (in press).
- Rhoads JP, Lukens JR, Wilhelm AJ, Moore JL, Mendez-Fernandez Y, Kanneganti TD, and Major AS. Oxidized low-density lipoprotein immune complex priming of the Nlrp3 inflammasome involves TLR and FcgammaR cooperation and is dependent on CARD9. J Immunol. 2017; 198: 2105– 2114.
- Moore JL, DuBois AM, Marcione N, Lee HJ, Castle SC, & Salem GJ. Effect of a golf intervention on center of pressure control. 2019 Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California Annual Research Day. Los Angeles, CA. April, 2019. Poster Presentation
- Moore JL, DuBois AM, Marcione N, Lee HJ, Castle SC, & Salem GJ. Effect of a golf intervention on center of pressure control. Jacquelin Perry Research Day, Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy University of Southern California. April, 2019. Poster Presentation
- Moore JL, DuBois AM, Marcione N, Lee HJ, Castle SC, & Salem GJ. Effect of a golf intervention on center of pressure control. SWACSM Graduate Student Research Competition Finalist: Southwest ACSM Annual Regional Chapter Meeting; October 26, 2018; Costa Mesa, CA.