My research focuses on identifying factors underlying altered lower-limb kinematics associated with running injuries. Specifically, I am studying sex differences in hip and knee motions during running from the integrated perspectives of muscle strength, muscle activation, and pelvis & femur bony morphology. Understanding causes of altered lower extremity kinematics during physical activities will inform prevention and rehabilitation strategies for related injuries.
Office Phone: (323) 442-2089
Office: Center for Health Professionals (CHP), G12
- Beijing Sport University, Beijing, China. M.M., Rehabilitation Medicine & Physical Therapy Science. 2014.
- Beijing Sport University, Beijing, China. B.S., Sport Rehabilitation and Health. 2011.
- Liu, Jia. Gao, Qi. Injury Risk Assessment of Chines Elite Rhythmic Gymnast Senyue Deng. Journal of China Sport Science and Technology. 50(2):17-23, 2014. (in Chinese)
- Jia Liu, Christopher M Powers. Hip Adduction and Knee Valgus during Running: An Issue of Muscle Strength or Bony Morphology? Proceedings of 43rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Biomechanics and 27th Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics, Calgary, Canada. 2019
- Jia Liu, Hsiang-Ling Teng, Christopher M.Powers. Knee valgus angles during the stance phase of running: A late swing phase problem? Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the European College of Sport Science, Dublin, Ireland. 2018. – Mini Oral Presentation.
- Jia Liu, Hsiang-Ling Teng, Christopher M Powers. Sex Differences in Hip Extensor Muscle Activation during the Late Swing Phase of Running: Implications for Altered Frontal Plane Hip Kinematics. 26th Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics, Brisbane, QLD, Australia. 2017- Oral Presentation.
- Jia Liu, Hsiang-Ling Teng, David M. Selkowitz, Skulpan Asavasopon, Christopher M. Powers. Which Hip Extension Testing Position Results in the Highest Torque Production of the Gluteus Maximus While Minimizing the Torque Production of the Hamstrings? APTA Combined Sections Meeting. San Antonio,TX, United States. 2017 -Poster presentation.
- Jia Liu, Hsiang-Ling Teng, Christopher M.Powers. 2017. Frontal and Transverse Plane Hip Motions.During Late Swing Predict Peak Values During Stance Phase.Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine, Boston, MA, United States. 2016 – Poster presentation.