My research focuses on identifying the underlying risk factors contributing to patellar tendinopathy. Specifically, I am studying the influence of altered lower extremity kinematics on patellar tendon stress using finite element analysis. My work will contribute to the development of effective rehabilitation and prevention strategies for patellar tendinopathy.
Office Phone: (323) 442-2089
Office: Center for Health Professionals (CHP), G12
- Yonsei University, South Korea, MS, Physical Therapy, 2012
- Daejeon University, South Korea, BS, Physical Therapy, 2010
- Park KM, Cynn HS, Kwon OY, Yi CH. Yoon TL, Lee JH. Comparison of pectoralis major and serratus anterior muscle activities during different push-up plus exercises in subjects with and without scapular winging. J Strength Cond Res. 2014;28(9):2546-51.
- Yoon TL, Park KM, Choi SA, Lee JH, Jeong HJ, Cynn HS. A comparison of the reliability of the trochanteric prominence angle test and the alternative method in healthy subjects. Man Ther. 2014;19(2):97-101.
- Park KM, Cynn HS, Choung SD. Musculoskeletal predictors of movement quality for the forward step-down test in asymptomatic women. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2013;43(7):504-10.
- Park KM, Cynn HS, Yi CH, Kwon OY. Effect of isometric horizontal abduction on pectoralis major and serratus anterior EMG activity during three exercises in subjects with scapular winging. J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2013;23(2):462-8.
- Park KM, Cynn HS, Choi HS. Relationship between electromyographic activity of the abductor hallucis and the pressure of a pinch gauge during short foot exercise. Physical Therapy Korea. 2011;18(4):17-22.
- Park KM, Kim SY, Oh DW. Effects of the pelvic compression belt on gluteus medius, quadratus lumborum, and lumbar multifidus activities during side-lying hip abduction. J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2010;20(6):1141-5.
- Park KM, Chun SM, Oh DW, Kim SY, Chon SC. The change in vastus medialis oblique and vastus lateralis electromyographic activity related to shoe heel height during treadmill walking. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil. 2010;23(1):39-44.
- Park KM, Keyak JH, Powers CM. Estimation of Patellar Tendon Stress in Persons With and Without Patellar Tendinopathy Using a Subject Specific Finite Element Model: A Feasibility Study. International/American Society of Biomechanics. 2019 Aug; Calgary, AB, Canada, Podium.
- Park KM, Liao TC, Keyak JH, Powers CM. The Influence of Patellar Tilt on Patellar Tendon Stress: A Sensitivity Analysis. American Society of Biomechanics. 2018 Aug; Rochester, MN, USA, Poster.
- Park KM, Liao TC, Keyak JH, Powers CM. The Influence of Femur and Tibia Rotations on Patellar Tendon Stress and Strain: A Sensitivity Analysis. American Society of Biomechanics. 2017 Aug; Boulder, CO, USA, Poster.
- Park KM, Powers CM. Restoration of Quadriceps Strength Symmetry Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Allograft Versus Patella Tendon Autograft. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2016 May;48(5 Suppl 1):444.