I am interested in lower extremity biomechanical adaptations following orthopedic injury and surgical interventions. My research applies concepts of motor adaptation and learning to investigate the ability to restore symmetrical knee mechanics during gait following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. This work will inform clinical practice in understanding this population’s ability to increase knee loading and to reverse maladaptive gait patterns at different time points across recovery.
Office Phone: (323) 442-2948
Office: Center for Health Professionals (CHP), G9
- University of Southern California, Master of Science in Biokinesiology, 2017
- King AbdulAziz University, Bachelor of Physical Therapy, 2011
- Sigward, S. M., Chan, M.S. M., Lin, P. E., Almansouri, S. Y., & Pratt, K. A. (2018). Compensatory Strategies That Reduce Knee Extensor Demand During a Bilateral Squat Change From 3 to 5 Months Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy, 48(9), 713–718. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2018.7977
- Almansouri S, Gong C, Chow M, and Sigward S. Can Increased Gait Demands Improve Knee Loading During Early and Late Recovery Following ACL Reconstruction? American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting. Denver, CO, USA, 2020. Poster presentation.
- Almansouri S, Barclay W, Dighe A, Gong C, Chow M, and Sigward S. CanIncreased Gait Speed Improve Knee Loading Mechanics Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction? American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA, USA, 2020.
- Almansouri SY, Chan MS, and Sigward SM. Center of Pressure and Vertical Ground Reaction Force Predict Knee Extensor Moment Deficits Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Implication for Clinical Assessments. American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting. Washington, DC, USA, 2019. Podium presentation.
- Schwery N, Neamat Allah N, Almansouri S, and Sigward S. Characterization of Sagittal Plane Lower Extremity Joints Demands During Single-Limb Triple Hop Deceleration and Propulsion. American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting. Washington, DC, USA, 2019. Podium presentation.
- Almansouri SY, Chow MM, Gong CA, and Sigward SM. The Influence of Gait Speed on Sagittal Plane Knee Mechanics Post-ACLr. Jacqueline Perry Research day. Los Angeles, CA, 2019. Poster Presentation.
- Almansouri SY, Kulig K, Enfinger DA, Gahan AR, and Sigward SM.
Patellar Tendon Macro- and Micro-Morphology Following Partial Resection for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting. New Orleans, LA, USA, 2018. Podium presentation.