Vacancy Name: IRC75508
Job Title Quantum Information Postdoctoral Researcher
Location Los Alamos, NM, US
Organization Name T-4/Phys Of Condensed Matter & Complex Sys
What You Will Do
The Physics of Condensed Matter & Complex Systems (T-4) Group at the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is seeking postdoctoral researchers to work both independently and in a team environment on numerous aspects of quantum computing and quantum information, including at the interface of quantum chemistry. Some particular goals include (i) developing strategies and algorithms to perform static quantum chemistry calculations on medium-to-large size molecules on quantum computers and (ii) develop tools to study quantum molecular dynamics on quantum computers.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Research experience supported by high-profile publications in one or more of the fields of quantum information, quantum algorithms, quantum chemistry, condensed-matter physics, and simulation of quantum systems.
- Demonstrated research ability, as evidenced by publications, reports, presentations, awards, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Demonstrated expertise with numerical methods for simulating quantum many-body systems.
- Experience with programming and error mitigation for cloud-based quantum computers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team in a multi-disciplinary environment and interact with people with a variety of expertise.
Education: A PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Materials Science, or related fields, completed within the last five years or soon to be completed.
Notes to Applicants:
- For full consideration, please submit a cover letter, a CV, and three names of references who can provide recommendation letters. This appointment is valid for two years with a possible third year extension. Review of applications will begin on September 16, 2019, and the position will remain open until filled.
- Questions regarding this position should be directed to Dr. Lukasz Cincio ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- Strong candidates may be eligible for a Laboratory fellowship. See https://www.lanl.gov/careers/career-options/postdoctoral-research/postdoc-program/postdoc-appointment-types.php
For more information, or to apply online, click here.