At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world’s information. We’re responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
The Quantum team at Google Research is building a quantum programming language – Cirq. Cirq is an open source programming language for Noisy Intermediate Scale Quantum processors. Cirq will become the defacto way to access Google’s upcoming quantum computer. As a Cirq product manager, you will interact with our growing community of Cirq users and Cirq committers. You will identify and prioritize requirements that enable quantum researchers to explore new quantum algorithms for NISQ devices. You will also be responsible for driving adoption of Cirq across academics, students, government lab scientists, and enterprise R&D groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Quantum Computing, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant product management experience.
- Experience working on quantum computing oriented projects.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Quantum Computing.
- Experience developing frameworks or tools for quantum computing, and/or experience teaching quantum algorithms and programming languages.
- Experience managing a large open source project.
- Basic physics knowledge in order to work on quantum computing oriented project.
- Familiarity with business issues, or the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
For more information, or to apply for this position online, click here.