The College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Colorado, Boulder is currently seeking applications for tenure-track faculty positions at all levels in the area of Quantum Information Science and Engineering. The College is the highest ranked engineering college in the Rocky Mountain time-zone and hosts several nationally ranked departments. These positions are part of the long-term growth plans for the CEAS, and we are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and service, to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. Within the broad area of Quantum Information Science and Engineering (QISE) we are focusing on candidates in the areas of Quantum Computing and Communications Systems, Quantum Sensors and Metrology, Quantum Networking, Quantum Materials and Devices, as well as supporting technologies.
The positions will likely be rostered in either the Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering (ECEE) or Computer Science (CS) departments. The campus and college support the focus area in Quantum Information Science and Engineering with activities and funding through a campus quantum initiative, CUbit. Faculty in Quantum Science and Engineering have strong ties with Physics, JILA and the NIST laboratories in Boulder.
For more information about the campus quantum initiative, please visit https://www.colorado.edu/initiative/cubit/.
Candidates will be expected to engage in undergraduate and graduate teaching, contribute professional service, and develop vigorous, externally funded research programs in their technical areas. Candidates whose expertise cuts across engineering and related disciplines are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants for the QISE positions should describe their plans to develop a recognized research program based on scholarly work in their particular field, their ideas for interdisciplinary collaboration, their experience and interests in teaching undergraduates and graduates, and their future plans for inspiring diverse students to conduct research.
The College of Engineering and Applied Science at The University of Colorado Boulder is supportive of the needs of dual career couples.
Applicants must have an earned a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter stating your research areas (1 page).
- Statement Describing Research Related Goals (2-3 pages).
- Statement Describing Teaching Related Goals (2-3 pages).
- Proof of Degree/Transcript
- The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree.
- You will need to submit 3-5 references for this position. These individuals will be contacted and asked to submit a letter of recommendation as part of your application materials. This information will be kept confidential and viewable only by the search committee.