Join a team that’s tackling the hardest problems in the world’s most impactful new technology – quantum computing. Q-CTRL builds software to enable customers to deploy the most effective quantum controls to suppress errors in their quantum hardware – combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control techniques.
As a Senior Quantum Control Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing control solutions for quantum technologies and deploying them in the Q-CTRL product suite.
- Develop control solutions for quantum technologies and deploy them in the Q-CTRL product suite – including research, demonstrations, software development, testing, performance, reliability and documentation
- Focus on the creation of control solutions for quantum computers realized in various technologies, including superconducting circuits
- Apply optimization and machine learning techniques for both performance enhancement and analysis
- Develop publicly available and high quality software using Python
- Collaborate with your colleagues in the Quantum Control Engineering and Software Engineering teams
- Explain and document sophisticated control solutions in accessible language
- Consult with the Lead Quantum Control Engineer, stakeholders and the broader team on decisions for all new products and features
- Interact with customers as needed to deliver solutions which help them achieve their goals
- Superconducting Circuits
- Quantum Control
- Optimal Control
- Machine Learning
PhD in Physics, Engineering or a closely related discipline.
WHY JOIN Q-CTRL?
We’re a young company working in one of the most exciting and impactful areas of modern technology. Our team is composed of leaders in quantum science and product development and we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. Q-CTRL is headquartered in WeWork Sydney, and if you work from our offices you’ll enjoy the vast amenities and events that are part of this amazing location. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity options
- Flexible work hours
- Training budget to ensure you’re up to date on the latest developments
This role is open to local candidates only in Sydney or Los Angeles. For more information, or to apply online, go to https://q-ctrl.com/careers/senior-quantum-control-engineer/. Be sure to read the section on HOW TO APPLY carefully.