Do you want to be part of the next revolution in computing? Join our team to develop new algorithms, software libraries, and services that solve real-world problems and further our understanding of quantum computers. You ideally bring familiarity in machine learning, computational chemistry, quantum physics, mathematics, or quantum algorithms. You will have the opportunity to grow and learn about programming quantum computers as part of our multi-disciplinary and diverse team.
The job provides an opportunity to:
- Impact on one of the most exciting new areas in computer science that might truly revolutionize the way we do computing.
- Work in a world class engineering team of engineers, researchers, architects, and leadership that will help you grow your career.
- Be part of a dynamic Open Source community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry.
Microsoft Quantum is dedicated to solving the world’s intractable problems and forever altering our economic, industrial, academic, and societal landscape. In just hours or days, a quantum computer will solve complex problems that would otherwise take billions of years for today’s computers to solve! This has massive implications for research in healthcare, energy, environmental systems, smart materials, and more. Simply put, Microsoft brings scalable quantum computing to the broadest set of customers. For more information about our team, visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/quantum
You will help our goal of finding new killer applications for quantum computing. You’ll thrive in this role if you love to work in a team, if you enjoy defining your own research directions, and if you are passionate about developing ideas that will benefit quantum algorithms research and the Microsoft Quantum Development Kit. We value passion, inclusion, creativity, agility, accountability, collaboration and a desire to learn a new exciting technical area.
- Experience in tackling complex problems in physics, computer science, and engineering
- At least 2 years of programming experience
- Degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, mathematics, chemistry or physics
- Delivers results in a collaborative, team environment
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures, probability and statistics
- Background in quantum physics or quantum computing is helpful but not required
For more information, or to apply online, go to https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/728125/Quantum-Solution-Scientist.