The Center for Quantum Information and Control (CQuIC, https://cquic.unm.edu/) at the University of New Mexico invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellow positions in theoretical quantum information science. Research at CQuIC covers a range of foundational and applied investigations on topics including quantum computation, control, measurement, communication, and simulation. Located in the city of Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Center has contributed to research and education in quantum information theory for over 25 years. CQuIC is located within a new (Fall 2019), state-of-the-art research facility, the Physics and Astronomy and Interdisciplinary Science (PAIS) center.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to pursue independent lines of research, to work with CQuIC faculty members, including experimentalists, and to interact with leading researchers at nearby Los Alamos National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratories, and our partners at the University of Arizona.
A successful applicant must have completed all requirements for a PhD in physics or a related discipline by the time of employment.
- A record of accomplishments as a theorist in some part of quantum information science;
- Potential for research accomplishment at CQuIC;
- Potential to contribute to center-wide research-training and professional-development activities;
- Potential to work productively with CQuIC personnel at all levels;
- Specific interest in CQuIC research areas;
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, including experience working with broadly diverse communities.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, a CV (including list of publications), and a statement of research interests and plans. Applicants must specify the names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of three references and ask each of their references to submit a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
For more information, or to apply online, click here. For best consideration, please apply by 12/2/2019. This position will remain open until filled.