We combine and integrate physical and biological principles into the design of integrated circuits to engineer miniature biomedical devices for fundamental research, medical diagnosis and treatment.
We have multiple openings in our lab. Talented, passionate and motivated candidates are encouraged to get in touch.
- Joining USC! 09/02/2018The Integrated Medical Electronics Lab has officially opened at the University of Southern California, joining the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering and the new Institute for Technology and Medical Systems Innovation!by Manuel Monge
- ATOMS selected as Top 10 interdisciplinary research published in NatBME during its first year! 09/02/2018ATOMS selected as one of 10 articles that exemplify interdisciplinary research published in NatBME during its first year! linkby Manuel Monge
- ATOMS listed as one of Caltech’s 17 for 2017 09/02/201817 for 2017: The Year in News at Caltech | Caltech http://m.caltech.edu/content/17-2017-year-news-caltechby Manuel Monge
- Artificial ATOMS for localization of microscale devices inside the body 09/02/2018Our work on localization of microscale devices inside the body using principles of nuclear magnetic resonance has just been featured on the cover of Nature Biomedical Engineering! Monge M, Lee-Gosselin A, Shapiro MG*, Emami A*. Localization of microscale devices in vivo using addressable transmitters operated as magnetic spins.Nature Biomedical Engineering 1, 736-744 (2017). article |…by Manuel Monge
- Demetriades – Tsafka – Kokkalis Prize in Biotechnology! 09/02/2018I am honored to be the recipient of the 2017 Demetriades – Tsafka – Kokkalis Prize in Biotechnology, awarded by the Division of Engineering and Applied Science at Caltech to a PhD candidate for the best thesis, publication, or discovery in the field of Biotechnology or Related Fields Caltech EAS News, The Demetriades – Tsafka –…by Manuel Monge
- Wilts Prize! 09/02/2018I am honored to be the recipient of the 2017 Charles and Ellen Wilts Prize, awarded by the Department of Electrical Engineering at Caltech for outstanding independent research in electrical engineering leading to a PhD Caltech EE News, Wilts Prizeby Manuel Monge