- Innovate next-generation smart textiles that can chemically, optically and electrically respond to various environmental stimuli.
- Wearable wireless sensors that can be used to detect heart rate, dehydration, metabolites
- Performance enhancement fabrics that can harness energy (heat, vibrations, sound)
- Clothing that can repel water when it rains but attract water in dry climates
- Light-sensitive fabrics that can regulate temperature
- Flexible skins for robotic applications
- Fabrics that can be used for transdermal delivery of pharmaceuticals