Vacancy Name: IRC72949
Job Title Quantum Information Postdoctoral Researcher
Location Los Alamos, NM, US
Organization Name CCS-3/Information Sciences
What You Will Do
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is seeking postdoctoral researchers to work both independently and in a team environment on numerous aspects of quantum computing and quantum information, and machine learning as applied to quantum systems. One particular goal is to produce the foundational research needed to convert noisy, intermediate-scale quantum (NISQ) computers into a reliable resource that can benefit both LANL’s scientific and national-security missions.
The successful candidate will be expected to
- conduct research to identify areas of promise and to develop methodologies for exploiting near-term quantum computing technologies,
- develop theoretical and computational tools for quantum computers, and
- communicate research results through reports, presentations, and peer-reviewed publications.
LANL has a history of ground-breaking achievements in quantum computing. You will have the opportunity to work with internationally recognized experts in the field.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Substantial research experience in one or more of the fields of quantum information, quantum algorithms, quantum foundations, and the simulation of quantum systems
- Demonstrated research ability, as evidenced by publications, reports, presentations, awards, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, as evidenced by publications and a cogent cover letter
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
Education: PhD in related field completed within the past five years or soon to be completed.
Notes to Applicants:
- Please include a curriculum vitæ with a publication list—preferably with citation counts—and a detailed cover letter (guideline: 1–2 pages) that describes your research interests and qualifications and addresses how your qualifications meet the job requirements. You should provide the names of three people who can serve as references for your abilities.
- The position has a flexible starting date.
- Strong candidates may be eligible for a Laboratory fellowship. See https://www.lanl.gov/careers/career-options/postdoctoral-research/postdoc-program/postdoc-appointment-types.php for details.
Salary – Competitive salaries are based on the date the PhD degree requirements were completed or the degree was awarded. On the anniversary of these dates, salaries are automatically adjusted to the next higher level, e.g., PhD + 0: $74,000; PhD + 1: $75,900, etc. For more information see our Postdoc Salary Guidelines, http://int.lanl.gov/employees/postdoc-program/becoming-postdoc/appointments/salary-guidelines.shtml
For more information, or to apply online, click here.