“Artist/Patient” Works by Susan B. Trachman

Art and Medicine
Friday, February 5, 2021 at 12:00-1:00 p.m.

A colorful and a black and white image of 2 skulls as x-rays
“Artist/Patient”

Please join us for a Zoom conversation with artist, Susan B. Trachman and Artist-in-Residence, Ted Meyer, and Dr. Andrew Woo, Clinical Professor of Neurology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.

Susan Trachman was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1988 and began stockpiling materials from her various treatments almost immediately. Seven years later she conceptualized her first piece, Order.

In Susan’s words, “Having MS, like life itself is unpredictable… we all have something, and dwelling on the things that you have lost or can’t control does not change what is or what will be, but making something of what you have is all that you can do.”

Click here to view the Art Narratives by Susan B. Trachman

One Reply to ““Artist/Patient” Works by Susan B. Trachman”

1. Four years ago, I went numb from the waist down. After quite a few MRI’s, spinal tap, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I was on Avenox for almost 2 years, i had 1 year of monthly steroids IV, had to stop due to hip pain. Through my physiotherapist i learnt about a MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS HERBAL TREATMENT from K.H.C (Kykuyu Health Clinic) and their success rate with the treatment, i immediately started on the MS treatment, i experienced decline in major symptoms including hand tremor, back pain, difficulty walking, muscle paralysis and weakness, uncomfortable tingling and burning, fatigue, urinary retention,double vision, slurred speech difficulty swallowing, numbness. Visit www. kykuyuhealthclinic. com. I knew that a positive attitude is everything and to just believe, I’m in control of my life again….