Sports and Hobbies

Some of my hobbies:

• Kite-surfing (surfing waves without paddling, getting towed-in waves by the wind).
  • Football (aka soccer to those that insist on using the word football for a sport that is mainly played by hands). The reality of three kids and a job have reduced the opportunities I get to do sports which depend on mother nature (will there be waves, wind, fresh snow?) thus soccer has become the most trusted sport. (I used to play in teams in school and university years, now I play weekly for recreational purposes.)
  • Snowboarding (with avalanche gear on steep remote terrain with lots of powder).
  • Windsurfing (wave sailing used to be my thing, now that kitesurfing has replaced it I have fun windsurfing at blasting speeds in flat, warm water during summertime in Greece).
  • Mountain biking (don’t even need a car to hit the trails from where I live).
  • “Do it yourself” fun (fixing stuff at home, fixing cars, fixing everything, resisting the temptation to keep on consuming and throwing things away at the blink of an eye).
  • Hiking (preferably when there is a peak to reach).
  • Music. I studied Accordion as well as theory of music for more than a decade, still play every now and then.
  • Basketball. (I used to play in teams in high school and university years, now I occasionally play for recreational purposes.)